Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What you see is what you can never eat

Hi. Recently, it is very very very deadly hot and humid in Japan. Even though it is hot, people especially adults have to face to face with computer. It is tough, isn't it? I have recommendation for those people to use this "Omu-Mouse" in order to relax. haha This seems like real Omu-rice, but it is actually "Mouse" of computer. You can plag it to USB connecter n use it as Mouse.


Today, I'd like to introduce not mouse, but Food sample. In Japan, food sample is very popular. Most of the restaurants use them to explain how the dishes look like. There are variety of food samples. Not only Japanese food, but also Italian food, Chinese food and even sweets!!!! It really looks like real food, but it is made by plastic so you can never eat them.

Here are some examples of food sample.

Takoyaki!!! (I wanna eat it when I go to Japanese traditional festival!! XD)


Japanese popular soul food! Row egg and rice! (I love to eat this with pickled plum and soy sauce.)


Even curry with fried pork can be made with candle! (Who does doubt it is fake? haha)



There are lots and lots of food imitation products in Japan. Sometimes we can find erasers which look like food and also straps with imitation sweets. Some girls even decorate their cell phones with imitation food or sweets and others makes it with themselves. I heard there are some kits that people can make imitation food by themselves. I've never tried it though because I'm not good at delicate work. haha

Anyway, in Japan, you can find large amount of food that you can never eat. Most of the restaurants usually display the food sample in front of them, but be careful. Sometimes they use real food as their sample of their menu. When I was a little, I touched a curry rice in front of a restaurant because I had thought it is fake, but it was not. It was real curry rice and my finger got the curry. OMG


You can see how imitation fried Shrimp is made with plastic. Click below.


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Mariko!

    I really really wanna try it!
    I think I can make a great fried shrimp!!
    It must be fun!!!xD

    Food sample is good for the environment coz we don't have to waste foods. and the quality getting higher and higher.
    I always think that la-paz should use it...: (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariko
    I do agree with you! la-paz is not kind to environment! I always wonder how do they do the sample after lunch time... :(
    I also try it! I wanna make cheese cake pafe!!!

    Thanks.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete