Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome to Arabic Restaurant.

Hello-----! Today, I'd love to introduce a middle east restaurant in Tokyo.
The restaurant's name is ZAKURO. It's in Nippori near Dan-Dan stairs. Here is the map.

大きな地図で見る
A man who is from middle east is running this resutaurant. In the restaurant, there is no desk and chair. Everybody eat supper sitting on the floor. It seemed like real middle east style! :D Also there are many kinds of drawings and picutures and hip scarves of bellydance! I was really excited because I belong to bellydance club in the university. :) I love middle east culture especially the dance. Well, take a look of the pictures at the resutaurant!
This is the interior of the restaurant. When you enter the restaurant, you have to take your shoes off. :D


Here is the drawings. They are traditional arts. In the middle of the picuture, there is a stick. Can you see? between the drawings. On the stick, Arabic was written. It was very nice design.

When I visited the restaurant, it was very hot like summer and the owner turned on an electric fan. Then I heard wonderful sounds... Can you guess what it was? I hear this sound very often while I practice bellydancing. In front of the fan, a hip scarf was decorated and it was blowing softly because of the breeze. Here is the picture of a hip scarf. This is mine and there are some kinds of hip scarves, but this black one is my favorite. :D haha

Let's get back to the restaurant information. ;) It was before the noon so I ate lunch there. I ate lunch set called "just hungry course",or "Futsu-ni onaka suita course". The courses had interesting name such as "Starving course" and "bit hungry course". You can choose main dish from lamb, chicken, vegetables or beans. I chose chiken. :D As we learned at a class, they do not use pork to eat and there is a small column about "Halal" on their web-page.

Here is the dish I ate. ;D It was delicious! I was worry about the tast if it were too spicy or unique, but my anxious was nonsense. The taste was really mild and very very very nice and the chicken was so tender.


At the restaurant, they sometimes have bellydance performance. If you are interested in, check the web site. I will put the address here later. After all, it cost 600 yen. Only 600 yen, but they

serve enough amount of dish! I do recommend you to visit the restaurant. The owner is very nice, unique, passionate and funny man around 50. haha! His age is just my guess though...

Oh, there was a big alpaca's doll so I took a pic with it. hehe ;) It was cute.


Here is the link to the resutaurant ZAKURO. If you have time, visit and check some information about the restaurant.



Thank you! :D

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nana!
    wow!! It looks so interesting restaurant!!! When I have been in America, i went to Arabic restaurant which was really good but it was not that real style!!! so, I am really interestind in that such a bellydance and no chairs,no deskes!! also, i can imagine that atmosphere there. You felt like you were in the middle east, huh? ;) also, that dish looks good, wanna try it! Thanks for nice informations! :D

    Chiemi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chiemi! Thanx! Yeah it was like middle east. I strongly recommend you. :D
    The owner is really nice person. haha
    If you know somewhere nice, I mean restaurant, please let me know! ;)

    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!Nana~!!
    I'm Hiromi.

    I am interested in Arabian culture!!!
    When I was freshman, I took a class of Try Arabic.
    (I have forgotten Arabic completely:p)
    I like Arabian Coast area in TDS! That music and atmosphere excite me.

    I want to try this restaurant. It is enjoyable to eat sitting on ground.

    Have you ever been to Middle East countries??
    Which country do you wanna visit??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice restaurant!
    In this restaurant, should I eat the meal by hand? Can I use spoon or chop sticks?
    I want to go to ZAKURO, but Nippori is little far from Makuhari…
    If I go to Nippori, I will visit there!

    ReplyDelete