Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One day as a vegan

Hello, here is a hungry Nana! :D
Today, I experienced a day as a vegan! It was challenging for me because I can not eat egg, cheese and milk for 24 hours! OMG...
I will write about my whole day as a vegan here.

9:30 wake up
Today I did not have any class exept 5th Koma so I woke up late. ;D hehe (Usually I wake up at 6:00.)


10:00 brunch

Today's first mission was emerged... First, I tried to eat bread as usual because it is using wheat and I thought, Oh, I can eat bread! ;D haha It's easy♪ Then I checked the ingredients list. I was struck by lightning. Oh, no no no... This is including egg. I can not eat this... mmm... Then I pondered what I can eat today. After all, I made a Udon with Japanese green onion. I really wanted to use the Japanese sauce which dip Udon, or "Mentsuyu", but it contains bonito so instead of it, I made special Udon sauce with Soysauce and Sugar and water.


14:00

Before I leave my home, I ate an Orange for my little snack.

16:30

I ate fruits cup at my university and took a class.

20:00

I got back to my home. My family knew I am challenging to be a vegan so bought me a boiled corn. ;D It was very sweet and tasty!


I ate rice and simmered and seasoned potatoes and vegetables for my dish. ;) It was very delicious. I wanted to eat pickled plum, but I could not again because it was containing Honey. Ohhhhhhhh... What a stressfull!!!! haha


Through a day as a vegan, I realized how I am free. Usually I am not conscious about my food habit, but I found I am very relying on Eggs and food which include animal products. It is very difficult to find food out of my house. I can cook at my home, but in outside there is no choice, but salad. Even the salad and the seasoning sometimes includes meat such as chicken and bacon. I was really tired of checking ingredients on the backside of package. In addition, there are large amount of temptation by smell of meat like KFC, the Golden arches... sigh

Looking back the whole day, I was always thinking about food. It was like sickness! haha

This is because I all of a sudden changed my lifestyle up side down, but it is natural! I cannot live without meat and animal products because I grew up in non-vegetable society. I neither have exact faith and reason to be a vegan. It depends to be a vegetarian and it might be good thing, but I found that there should be a clear reason and environment for being a vegetarian, especially vegan.


Oh, I may dream I am eating meat tonight... What a carnivorous I am...

No comments:

Post a Comment