Sunday, May 22, 2011

chicken and eggs

Hellooooooo! I've introduced Egg shell art last time, but I'd like to introduce you one of the famous Japanese dishes with eggs. It is Chicken and eggs bowl. Japanese call it "Oyako-don". Well, actually I'm a kind of lazy person so I will cook it with magical sauce... hehe

Ingredients:(Serves 2)
2 Eggs (beat them in advance)
Japanese soup stock (called "Dashi" I often use this because it fixes taste.)
Chicken (Cut them into mouthful size)
2 Onions (Cut them into slice)
(Sugar----if you like sweetened one, it's better to put some)

*Magical sauce* (In the middle of picture above.)
a sauce in witch to dip soba! (It's called "Soba-Tsuyu" in Japanese. This sauce is including soy sauce, a little bit sugar and things I need to cook Japanese dish so I like it! I often use this when I cook food boiled and seasoned. )

How to cook?
1st step: put a little oil and saute until brown.

2nd step: Add onions and heat them like this.

3rd step: Add a teaspoonful Japanese soup stock and mix them.
(When I was cooking this, I'm not sure why, but I was carried away by a sudden impulse and added a Peanut butter instead of sugar... haha The peanut butter is made in Japan and it's quite sweet and no chunk. It's not like Skippy)

4th step: Add magical sauce and simmer for a while.

5th step: Turn the gas a little bit down and add beated eggs and simmer for seconds.
(When you put eggs, try to put them slowly and like draw a circle. @@@@@)

MISSION COMPLEEEEEEEEEEEETE!!!!!!
Put what you cooked onto white rice and let's say "Readyyyyyyy!!!" :) If you tried this, please let me know how it was and if you have any question about this recipe, also leave a comment here. I will reply you ASAP. :)
I learned this recipe from my mother. She is quite smart and know how she can cook dishes easily and quickly. I am now training myself to be a good someone's wife and a mother like her.

4 comments:

  1. Hi NANA!
    I'm YUNA:)
    I always enjoy reading your blog! and your lovely post made me soooooo hungry;)

    you are the great chef and you also a nice photographer as well;)

    Thank you for telling us the secrets of your chiken and eggs! I've never tried using peanut butter like that! I have to try it next time:)

    Whenever I cook chicken&eggs bowl, the part of eggs become too hard...:( Do you know why it's happned? I would be happy if you give me some advice;)

    Your ideas of cooking are soooo lovely. Your mom must be a wonderful chef;)
    I'm sure that you'll be a lovely wife in the future as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuna! Thank you for leaving me a comment. ;)
    I'm glad you're having fun with my blog. XD

    I think it may be better to make the heat weak when you put some eggs so that they would not be so hard. :)

    Yes, my mother is very good chef, but I'm still a greenhorn so I need to try hard to be a wonderful mother like her. haha
    Anyway, thanx!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello:)
    I'm Shiori and lazy too lol

    The magical sauce(soba-tsuyu) is a good idea!!
    Actually, I've never tried to cook chicken and eggs bowl so I wanna try it with your recipe.

    But most difficult thing for me is to cut chicken. I cannot touch it. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nana! I love oyako-don. My mom used to make it for me all the time when I was a kid, so it's kind of like a comfort food. Whenever I have a hard day, I always crave this, but it's just not the same if my mom doesn't make it for me :0)

    Oh, how was the peanut butter? That seems like a strange combination, but it also sounds like it could work. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete