Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How to cook Meat and Potato

I cooked Meat and Potato "Niku-Jaga", today and I'd like to introduce my original method for this. My method is kind of skimp so it is easy.
Ingredients:
Meat (pork, chicken, beef, any kind will do, but I used minced meat this time)
Potato (2-3)
Half Onion
Half Carrot
Seasonings:Sugar, Soy sauce, Salt, sweet sake and Japanese soup stock called "Hon-Dashi".

1. Wash your hands and cut vegetables into proper size, or a mouthful size.
2. Put those vegetables except Onion in silicon steamer and nuke it for about 7 miutes.


(It takes looooong time to simmer these vegetables so I often use this silicon steamer as preparation. This will save a great deal of time and the trouble :p )


3. While you nuke vegetables, heat minced meat.








4. When the meat turned its color into brown, put steamed vegetables and onions.

(Dress a bit of Japanese soup stock.)






5. Let's season these meat and vegetables!!!!!!

First, sweeten with 4 teaspoonfuls of sugar.
Second, sprinkle bit of salt.
Third, add two or three tablespoonfuls of soy sauce.
Fourth, add same amount of sweet sake and a tablespoonful water.


After you seasoned, simmer them about 10-15 minutes.









Finally... complete!!!!!!!!!



This is quite simple strategy of cooking meat and potato. For this strategy, you do not need to use pot, but just a frying pan. I always cook like this. Find easy and quick way. If you have any question, please leave any comment!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nana,

    Thanks for posting this recipe. It seems very simple to do. I was wondering: is it possible to use seafood instead of meat? I really like shrimp, so I was wondering if I could use it instead.

    Also, in step four, you wrote: "Dress a bit of Japanese stock." Does this mean that I should add a bit of the hon-dashi? If so, how much should I add?

    Thanks!

    Liz:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Liz. ;)
    Thanx for leaving your comment here.
    It's very easy to cook.
    Shrimp? mmm!!! creative! It is interesting to use it instead of meat!

    *About step four*
    Yes, I mean put some Japanese SOUP stock. I use granuled soup stock. The amount is about a tablespoonful. That's enough. :)

    Thanx!!!!!
    7.

    ReplyDelete